Memorial Day Meaning
Memorial Day honors the military service men and women who died while fighting for the freedom of the people of the United States of America. In short, the meaning of Memorial Day is to honor the soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.
Paintball USA, a family-owned business, has a very respected family member that served in three theaters of combat. Dominick De La Cruz, a Veteran of the U.S. Army, has been awarded a Medal of Valor for his heroic actions on one of his tours of duty.
It is our pleasure and duty to inform those who do not know, ways on how the American flag is to be treated with respect.
The flag of the United States is the emblem of our identity as a sovereign nation, which the United States of America has been for more than 200 years.
Active military and veterans are asked to stand at attention and salute when their flag is passing in a parade or being hoisted or lowered; civilians should place their right hand over their heart.
General Guidelines for Displaying the Flag:
- When displayed over a street, the flag should be suspended vertically with the union to the north in an east and west street, or to the east in a north and south street.
- On a platform, the flag should be above and behind the speaker, with the union uppermost and to the observer’s left.
- When displayed from a staff in a church or auditorium, the flag should occupy the position of honor and be placed at the speaker’s right as he faces the audience.
- When the flag is used to cover a casket, the union should be at the head and over the left shoulder.
How Not to Display the Flag:
The flag should always be treated with respect.
- The flag should not be dipped to any person or thing, including government officials, not even the President.
- The flag should never be displayed with the union (stars) down, unless as a signal of dire distress.
- The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
- The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
- The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored so that it might be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
- The flag should never be used as covering for a ceiling.
- The flag should never have anything placed on it.
- The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose, nor embroidered on cushions or handkerchiefs, printed on paper napkins or boxes, nor used as any portion of a costume.
Paintball USA will be open Memorial Day weekend 2021. Dates include Saturday 5/29, Sunday 5/30 and Monday, Memorial Day 5/31/21 from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Reserve through our website https://www.paintballusa.org/contact.
Search Google for paintball parks near me to find our location. See our photo gallery https://www.paintballusa.org/gallery .